Samata Yoga is happy to present our newest series of online, pre-recorded 3-hour workshops with 9 of our finest Yogis, Yoga Therapists, and Health Professionals. These workshops are approved for Continuing Education credits with IAYT and Yoga Alliance, and are a great way to learn new information about Yoga and Yoga therapy from the comfort and safety of your own home, at your own time!
Purchase each workshop individually from our Video on Demand page on Vimeo for $99 each. Workshop recording expires in 1 year. For Continuing Education credit, you MUST complete the follow up reflection assignment linked in the description of each video.
Below you will find the trailers for each of our nine virtual workshops.
“Safe Yoga After 50: Principles & Practice” with Larry Payne
“Road Guide for Taking Yoga Therapy Beyond the Studio” with Matthew Taylor PhD, C-IAYT
“Practical Applications of Ayurveda After 50” with Felicia Tomasko RN, C-IAYT
“Root Causes & Yoga Therapy Treatments for Neck & Shoulders” with Steve Paredes DC, CYT
“Perfecting Your Personal Meditation Practice” with Lorin Roche PhD
“Restorative Yoga: Self Care Elevated” with Kyona Beatty C-IAYT, CAHC-NAMA
“Joint Freeing Exercises (Pawanmuktasana)” with Jana Long C-IAYT, E-RYT
“Chair Yoga Home & Travel Routines” with Don Henry MA, C-IAYT
“Advanced Pranayama Practice” with Surendra Mehta MBA, C-IAYT
HOW TO APPLY FOR YOGA ALLIANCE CREDIT:
- Go to www.yogaalliance.org and log into your account.
- To Click “Teacher Dashboard” at the top right.
- Click “Add Hours” under “Training Hours” on the right.
- Scroll down to select the type of course you completed.
- Select “In person with someone who is not a YACEP or not in person.”
- Select “Only Non-Contact”. Click “Yes” when the system asks if your provider met the qualifications.
- Then your next question will ask for the instructor’s name.
- Click the check box for “I assert that my Continuing Education Provider meets the above requirements”.
- Input in your “Start Date” and “End Date”, as well as the “Continuing Education Activity” and the “Location” of the course.
- You will then enter in your hours of completion of the course in the educational category chart.
- Click “Assert” and “Save” when finished.
View the Continuing Education Requirements page for more information