Lineage

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Deb NY
    Participant

After reading lesson one, I am reminded of the importance of lineage and information that is passed along from teacher to student. Roots are important as is context including regarding time and place. I was introduced to The Heart of Yoga, Developing a Personal Practice by T.K.V. Desikachar in my first teacher training in 2003, and I am grateful to continue on. I feel fortunate to have connected with Samata Institute, with Larry Payne at this time. I found out about this training at this time of Covid-19 after taking Larry Payne’s classes on-line through Yoga International. With this, lineage, and connection continues on. I am committed to continue to learn and to be there for those I teach, for those I have the good fortune to be connected to at this time and in the future.

MariynM.
    Participant

Where it all began and how it gets mutated along its path is important. People need to know how yoga came to be and how its changing. With how saturated the market is now it is important for the student to know where and whom the teacher has gotten the training from, that they are knowledgeable in that particular style of yoga and not just going thru the motions. Teachers need to be able to adapt their sequences to the student not the other way around.

YvonneB
    Participant

This lineage is one that I am most proud to follow! As a lineage, I know that I am grounded in a foundation that has strong roots. Roots mark the strength and growth of a tree as it marks the strength and growth of a yoga practice.

Jane McQueen
    Participant

The profound teachings of Krishnamachayara and the long line of teachers and students inform my personal practice and my work with clients. Continuity of the lineage and recognizing that this lineage is not stuck in dogma but is a living tradition recognizes the ever changing needs of the individual.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.