Breathe to movement

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    MariynM.
    Participant

My sequence always start with just teaching ujjayi nothing else. I inform my students of the four parts of breathe and how it brings the prana in. The first five minutes of class is dedicated to cultivating that breathe.
    During the more strenuous parts of the sequence, I’ll inform students to pay attention to the breathe and notice if it is short and choppy and if they find that it is then I’ll invite them to back off a bit.
    When I lead my students in their practice one of the cues I give them is “Flow breathe to movement”. This reminds and encourages them to breathe and move, to entwine their breathe with their moving. Throughout the sequence I’ll repeat to continue to cultivate an ujjayi breathe. Only at the very end do I let them know it’s time to let go of that breathe.

Brenda Feuerstein
    Participant

Thank you for sharing your insights into breath and movement. I appreciate the cue of “flow breath to movement” as I feel that is a helpful reminder for all students, including myself even in day-to-day life.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.