Begin where the student is at!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jane McQueen
    Participant

Tuning into to the student’s individual needs and goals letting go of a preconceived plan is of the most important come away from Lesson 1. As an individual moves through their life cycle their interests and condition should determine the type of yoga practice that is applied whether it incorporates asana, pranayama, meditation and/or spiritual inquiry.
    In regard to asana practice the emphasis is on the function of a pose rather than mastery of classic form. Adaptation of the form enhances the desired functional effect and reduces the potential for injury.
    Viniyoga is a living tradition which changes and grows over time and across the different cultures. It is guided by the wisdom of ancient tests such as Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras but does not prescribe to any particular religion.

Deb NY
    Participant

I too like ‘to begin where the student is at’. I find it to be a guiding and grounding principle and practice.

YvonneB
    Participant

I find that a very important concept in Prime of Life Yoga is for us as teachers and students to be able to accept where we are. To begin where we are allows and gives respect to the process of life. It opens up the space to learn and teach to all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments are closed.